5th February 2021
Dear Parents and Carers
On Tuesday 9th February 2021 the pupils of Waterloo Lodge School will be joining other schools and youth settings across the UK in celebrating Safer Internet Day 2021.
Safer Internet Day is a global campaign to promote the safe and responsible use of technology, which calls on young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers and wider, to join together in helping to create a safer internet.
Using the internet safely and positively is a key message that we promote at Waterloo Lodge School and celebrating Safer Internet Day is a great opportunity for us to re-emphasise the online safety messages we deliver throughout the year.
We are asking that as parents and carers you can join us in celebrating the day by continuing the conversations at home. To help you with this you may be interested in downloading the free Safer Internet Day resource pack for parents and carers which is available here: http://saferinternet.org.uk/sid-parents
Some other resources which you may find helpful in supporting you child online are:
- Advice for parents and carers from https://www.childnet.com/parents-and-carers
- Tips, advice and guides for parents and carers from the https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/parents-and-carers
- Guides on popular apps and games from https://www.net-aware.org.uk/
- Reviews and information about games, apps, TV shows and websites from https://www.commonsensemedia.org/
- Help on using parental controls and privacy settings from https://www.internetmatters.org/parental-controls/
- Information and reporting of online grooming or abuse from https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
- Internet safety
Online safety is an important issue which Waterloo Lodge School is committed to teaching all our pupils about.
If you have any concerns or questions about keeping your child safe online, please do contact the school either by telephone on: 01257 230894 or emailing: email@example.com