- Pupils will be aged between 11 and 18 years.
- All pupils will have a diagnosis of autism.
- All pupils will have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
- Pupils may have learning difficulties and/or low attainment that are associated with their Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) needs.
- Pupils may have specific learning difficulties associated with ASC, a range of complex learning and communication needs and additional needs such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.
- Pupils may be admitted based on their need for therapeutic support.
All pupils admitted to Waterloo Lodge will have been initially referred by their Local Authority (LA). If, after reviewing the information provided, the school believes that the pupil meets the admission criteria, arrangements will be made with the LA for the parents/carers and pupil to visit the school. The visit will include a tour of the school, introduction to key staff and a meeting at which the school policies and curriculum are discussed. Visitors will have the opportunity to ask any questions they may have. If, following this visit, all parties are agreed that the pupil’s needs can be met at the school and that the pupil and parent/carers are committed to the placement, arrangements will be made for admission.
If you’d like to make a referral or you simply want to know more, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.Contact Us